Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Notes from the Edge...Day 1531 of not tithing....

Today, I can't help but look with awe at my life and the incredible abundance my husband and I live in.

Every bill is paid every month.
There is food on our table.
We have a house over our head and electricity to keep us warm at night.

God is so good to us, and I am so grateful for this abundance.

And you want to know what....

We haven't tithed to the "church" for 1,531 days.

Ain't that a kick in the pants!

;)

Just thought you should know....

xo

Amy






1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to have the pressure lifted off you? Tithing doctrine is such a "kill-joy"! We stopped tithing (and attending an IC) over 5 years ago, and haven't looked back.

    Like you, I was the "revered worship leader"- what a bunch of crap! Boy, was it hard to get up in front of people each week, as the disconnect between what God was showing me (His Unconditional Love), and the legalistic nonsense the leadership was spewing. Talk about "cognitive dissonance"! So very thankful to God for removing us from that destructive environment.

    Toddo

    ReplyDelete