Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday ramblings..and some pretty pics :)

Hi sweets <3

Just wanted to share some of the Colorado beauty with you... we have been exploring and taking drives all over the place... :)

Thankyou so much for sharing in this journey with me.
It's a really interesting space to choose "Faith" over "Fear" some days.
I like faith so much better tho.
Less grumpy, more peaceful. Yep faith please.


So ok, first things first... we HAD to find the library :)


And this is just a quick pic driving through town in Lafayette... aren't the mountains gorgeous!


One of our ventures was to drive up the mountain to Estes Park...  this is my son Josiah :)


We stopped when we saw these young caribou... this was so cool because as a girl raised in AZ, we have NEVER seen such a sight before!


And they were just there.. so used to people gawking.. didn't pay any attention to the crazy lady with the camera :)


So beautiful!

In Estes Park, there is the famous Stanley Hotel where the Shining was written and some of the movie was filmed.
This is one of the views from the hotel's parking lot.


They also had this really cool old fire truck... the guys loved it!
My girls wouldn't get out of the car, saying it was too cold ;) 


 And of course they have a Stanley car in the Stanley Hotel..the brothers who created this car, also opened the hotel.


It's a pretty cool story actually... if you don't know it, indulge me a sec...

Basically one of the Stanley brothers became sick with Tuberculosis, and they had heard that people that moved to the Colorado region were cured of this disease.
So that is what they did.. they up and moved their families to the Estes Park area, and the brother who was sick with Tuberculosis was completely healed.
Knowing they would never move away, they opened this Hotel.
And that is the history of the Stanley Hotel.
There are rumors that there have been ghosts and extraterrestrial sitings there... lots of weird energy in some of the rooms there.

And of course Stephen King went there and wrote the story The Shining.
I watched that movie once...sneaking peaks while my brother and sister watched it once... and that was enough for me!
Yeeks.



Another really beautiful view of the mountains from the Hotel.


The Stanley :)


Estes Park, Colorado :)


Just some fun beauty I wanted to share with you, loves!

More to come!



8 comments:

  1. Love it. Reminds me of near my home... Your closer now;) I have read lots of stories based upon that hotel and springs ect. Looks beautiful. I bet the weather would need getting used to...
    Faith is peace;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so beautiful, K!

      Faith DOES equal peace...every single time <3

      Delete
  2. beautiful pictures!! and the caribou!! I'm so happy for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! i feel like the mountains are beckoning me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be a hoot, Rae?? If you were my Colorado neighbor!!
      Happy place for me fo' sho!

      Delete
  4. This made me smile, when we moved I think the first week we went and got library cards, before we even had drivers lisences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.. Absolute NECESSITY for us too!

      Delete