Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fear of suffering....

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.
"

~The Alchemist


The FEAR of suffering is definitely worse than the suffering itself.
Anything that is good and worth while is guaranteed to have some suffering and discomfort attached... and the quicker we realize this, the quicker we will be to step towards it.
Because the treasure gained is eternal....it is truly where LIFE is created in us.

"Because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity."

source = me

I read this quote this morning, and it shot right to my heart.

Every dream worth stepping towards IS going to have suffering attached.
In one way, shape or form... it truly is a guarantee. It WILL be there.
Discomfort really.

Every dream is worth that discomfort tho.
And all that fear is, is my brain telling scary stories about the impending discomfort attached to the dream.

So the question before me...and you is...

Do I stay put, and look at my dream from a distance and believe the scary stories about what might, or will happen if I step towards the dream?

or

Do I know there is greater treasure and life to be had by stepping through the fear of the suffering and discomfort, and take the step anyways, knowing it is but an illusion, and greater treasures lie on the other side?


Today.. I choose option number 2.


signed your friend who is surrounded by moving boxes, and stepping towards her dream this Sunday with discomfort and all.... ready or not, here I come.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! This sunday! Good for you. I feel excitement and distress mixed. I know that good things are coming for you. Love is on the way friend. I can feel it coming for you. As Celine sings "On wings of angels. I don't know when but love will find you again." I believe this is going to have tough moments but beauty too. Loads of it. Because you are the kind of person who beauty finds. ..
    I found you- didn't I?- ha ha:) Just wanted to make you laugh:)
    Thanks for these wonderful thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Every dream worth stepping towards IS going to have suffering attached.
    In one way, shape or form... it truly is a guarantee. It WILL be there."
    The freedom in this statement is breathtaking, may it sink in deep, may I embrace it whole.
    Blessings in the midst of boxes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. stepping through the fear today sister
    there is now where better to be
    : )

    love and light
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Sunday. I'm thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete