Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Thousand Years....

First time my daughter had me listen to this song, I fell into a mess of tears.

Every time I hear it. I cry.
It resonates so deep within me.
Of Love so great...so deep...so intense.
Of Love that has come to me.
Me.
Little, small me.
Of Love that has waited and longed for me.

It speaks of my own fear of Love and of being loved.
Of vulnerability as I step INTO Love.
Divine Love.

<3

Immortal and wordless.
Formless and complete.
Whole.

I wanted to share it with my journey sisters.
May it speak to your heart as much as it has spoken to mine.

I can't help but soar when I hear it.
I dance.
I soar.
Everything in me speaks YES.
Come, Love.
I need you so desperately.
Every fiber of my being.

When I listen to this... the verses are me.
My worries, my fears, my apprehensions.
And the chorus is Love...my Yahweh....
His steadfast, strong and beautiful Love for me.
So sure. So focused.
Never stopping. Never changing. 

:)

One step closer.

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri




A Thousand Years

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more


And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more




8 comments:

  1. This is one of my most favourite songs too. It definitely speaks to me. Love to you today xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wild when a song hits you so deep.
    It's been a while since that has happened to me.
    Feels so good.
    Loves to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this song. Love wild deep songs of raw human feeling ...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this song! i've heard it about a billion times... it's the song that is played during the credits of Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1. and since i work at a theater, every time i'd go in after everyone left to clean up, i'd hear it playing! at first the Twilight association turned me off from it...but how can you not love it? it's so gorgeous and moving. thanks for prompting me to listen to it again tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae, that's so funny! That's alot of hearing of this song.. lol!
      Thanks for listening again for your friend!
      xo

      Delete
  5. beautiful
    simply
    beautiful

    i float on her voice

    thank you friend
    lets talk soon : )

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so floaty isn't it?
      Love you! Let's DO talk!

      Delete