Monday, January 23, 2012

New Moon


I have been so drawn to the moon lately… seriously have always enjoyed it, but the past couple months I have been intensely drawn to it.
I took this picture on New Years Eve… the last moon of 2011 : )

_DSC0003

I did a little bit of research and it is actually called a Waning Moon.
And a waning moon is symbolic of letting go, surrender, release, quiet time, contemplation, and a time of incubation.
Thought that was soooo interesting!

Then I was asked to photograph a business event and the theme of the party was... you guessed it... Shooting for the stars.. but look what was there!

I had to take a pic and show you!




Then today, I noticed from a friends post that TODAY is the first New Moon of 2012.
I did not take this picture, but found it absolutely inspiring.
New Moon

407070_285004871560633_100001533686222_815033_270631982_n
The New Moon is symbolic of new beginnings, a fresh start, rebirth.
Could NOT think of a more wonderful symbol and reminder of this new season…sigh.
Isn’t it cool how God speaks through so many vehicles?.:)
And just because I love this song so much… I have to share it!
It fits <3

Brother Moon by Gungor





Brother Moon by Gungor
Brother moon
Shine down your light on us tonight
Show us the love of God
Sister sun you bring out the day
You're shining the light of God on your face today
Maker of it all
You provide it all
In You we live
In You we move
In You we have our being
You're glorious
You're holding us together all together
Brother wind your clouds and your storms
You're breathing the breath of God in your lungs for us
Mother earth, you're giving us life with God's open hand you always provide
For us
Maker of it all
You provide it all
In You we live
In You we move
In You we have our being
You're glorious
You're holding us together all together
You are everything good, you are everything beautiful
You are everything, you're everything

Here’s to new beginnings and new seasons, lovies!
xo
Amy

2 comments:

  1. yes....
    new beginnings♥

    xo

    Love and Light

    ps I LOVE the moon too...she pulls me much more than the sun

    ReplyDelete