Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cultivating peace

Cultivating peace.

How in the world can I cultivate peace?
In me.
In my home.

I have lost it.
In this season I have lost my peace in a really hard and terrible way.
I am on a mission to restore it to myself and my therefore to my little family.

Life is such a mystery to me.
The balance of the hard things that we need to do, and the things that are not for us is a really hard one for me to decipher.
It's so so difficult to know what is just life stuff and what is the leading of the heart.

Suffering has a really great way of teaching us tho.
The uncomfortable space we stay in when we need to move or turn or kick it in high gear.
It's a great teacher when you are like me, and don't know what the hell your heart sounds like.

sigh.

Send out some good thoughts and prayer for me this week.
I am pushing through the last week at my job.
It's just really hard for me to go in with everybodies sad faces or grumpy attitudes because I am leaving.
I am very much trying to just go with my head held high knowing that I am doing what is best for myself and my family.

Sometimes the choices we have to make to restore peace are hard ones.
And people don't like those choices because they don't work for them.
But they work for me. and my family.

I am so desperate for peace again.


xo

Amy




4 comments:

  1. aww chicky I hear you, I'm living without it too..

    I've considered it being my part time job, but honestly while I'm at work I am at peace! it's my little piece of solace. So I'm just spinning, waiting, hoping for my circumstances to change, which they probably wont so um yeah, I know not a very helpful comment, but I will try hard to throw a prayer or two your way XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for you, Amy. I'm so proud of you for doing what's best for you. It is hard when other people don't approve or are giving you a hard time. But ultimately you need to put yourself and your family first, and I am glad you are doing that. I know how hard it's been for you to work at this job anyway! I pray peace will come again for you soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. be kind to yourself sweet friend
    do not be distracted by what others may be feeling or thinking...(it is really non of our business what others are thinking when someone shared that with me a felt a great freedom)
    Winter time is a time of stillness and reflection
    I am just learning that myself
    a time to slow things down and regroup, so when it is time to plants seeds you know just how you would like your garden to look
    peace is when your heart is right with God...no more no less....
    as someone rooted in acceptance this has been an interesting truth to obtain...but it is obtainable friend
    live in that abundance that is Truth and not in scarcity that is Lies
    you are beautiful
    you are loved
    you are precious
    let go of desperation...open your hands...hold them up...and breathe

    I love you friend

    Love and Light

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guide that you lOved on my post was Cat;) I have to say her guidance on this post too is excellent. I'm trying to find peace too so I have no answers... But I'm here with you too;)
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete