Thursday, January 12, 2012

Alone

Just an observation.
 
I used to think that with friends surrounding me, I would never have to walk my journey alone...the good parts and the hard.
But having walked some pretty intense paths in my journey, I have come to know a new truth.
Only I am on my path that God and I are trudging and hashing out.
You might be on your path.
And our paths might be along side each other for a bit.
But really.
You are on your path.
and
I am on mine.

We are both alone.

This answers a big question for me of why I have felt so alone being surrounded by big communities of people.
and
Also why I feel alone being surrounded by none.

Because.
The truth is.
I.
Am.
Alone.

We might walk by each other, but our paths will always be separate.
Because you are you.
And I am me.
And that is ok.
My expectations have changed when it comes to people. 
I am blessed when I have you, and we walk for a bit by each other, but I release you to be and go where God is leading your heart to go.
 

5 comments:

  1. isn't life more freeing from that perspective? And in even in our alone ness we are in that fact together:)
    Nice to hear from you again. Love the picture:) So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah K! Have missed this space.. I have about a half a dozen posts in draft.. lol!
      We need to talk, girl.. send me your email again, would you?

      loves.
      A

      Delete
  2. it's so true. good perspective. alone sucks sometimes, though. sometimes i feel like it'd be a hell of a lot easier if i had someone who knew exactly what i was feeling and could empathize as such. i mean, God is there and blah blah, but you know...a flesh and blood person. but anyway. that's just my tangent. i think my expectations need to change some too. thank you for stretching me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rae... it's a toughy area for me too!

      loves.

      Delete
  3. love you

    the image is gorgeous!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete