Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pain

Reeeeally hurting this morning... so I had a little talk with myself.

I traipsed over to my shower...bravely turned the water on, stepped in and bawled my eyes out.
I said a couple of curse words...got pissed...got sad again, and let the water splash over me, as if it will wash it all away.
Interesting.

Anywho, after awhile I got out, dried off and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Are we going to choose to love or are we going to choose to be bitter?
People are not going to change, but you can change.
So, what's it gonna to be?
Love or let bitterness set in your heart?"

sigh.

Choose to love.
I want to choose to love.
:/

I got ready for my day, and decided to not let sadness settle in me and make my day all upside down and weird.

Thought I would encourage myself with some wisdom on pain and love.... hope these encourage you should you be having a achie heart and tears as well.


"The pain passes, but the beauty remains."
~ Pierre-Auguste Renoir

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
~ Mother Teresa

"The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity for pain."
~ Jennifer Aniston

"Why love if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore; only the life I have lived.
The pain now is part of the happiness then."
~ Anthony Hopkins


Time to get on with today, and get a little bit of life on me ;)

<3 Amy

8 comments:

  1. What's on my heart today?
    Well YOU after this post
    sorry you have woken up to pain friend

    give it the time it needs and know that it is not forever

    sending you much love and light...sprinkled with truth and life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in that same place a few weeks ago (also in the shower)! Sending love from here to you across the ocean this morning. Good on you for making the choice to think love today when it's so tempting to indulge in bitterness during the emotion. You're awesome xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. been listening to alot of this today and it makes me think of you too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_pnFhFjNtY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah sweet friends.. thankyou so much for your love today.. I can feel it! Thankyou so very much...
    <3<3

    Widge, I am clicking over to take a listen...
    muah and hugs to each of you sweet loves!
    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh good girl Widgey!!!
    SOOOOOOOOO good
    it's ok not to be ok!!!!!!!!!!
    my heart takes this song it like it belongs......
    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so precious...
    reaching through your pain to soothe the pain of others. truly you are a saint. <3 love you and praying for joy and peace. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had times like this, Amy. And I, too, choose to love every time, through all the hurt and tears. If we don't allow ourselves to feel pain, we will close ourselves off to the other emotions like joy and love too. Vulnerability is the cost to love deeply.

    Love ya,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete