Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mk... I did it!


What did I do?

Ooooh I think you know :)

I deleted my FB :)

I know... I know... are you in shock?

I am going on day 5 of an officially gone FB, and I LOVE it!

I had been off already, and had been wavering on going back, but after my last post...I knew it was the best thing to do. Couldn't shake how amazingly right it felt!

I wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to my beautiful friends Cat, Rain, Kmarie, Sophie, and my new bloggy friend Widge for your amazing encouragement and candid comments on my last post hashing this out.... Also to my sweet friends Angie, and Amy who read this blog, and listen to me over the phone ramble about all of this stuff.
You are all such a blessing to my heart and life. Loves loves to each of you!

Peace has so set in my heart....filling in all the dry cracks and crevices. It's been really wonderful.
It's like this huge weight has been dropped from my shoulders.. I also feel a real safeness as well. Pretty wild emotions for something as simple as deleting a FB account, huh?

I was reading the last chapter in my Brene' Brown book, The Gifts of Imperfections, and in closing she shares this last paragraph... I wanted to share it with my freedom sista's :)

It really goes with something as small and as large as Facebook. I think it speaks to the steps and strides one has to take to live life fully alive and fully awake. It speaks to the steps that we all take everyday to love wholeheartedly and passionately...in how we are raising our children..

Truly it's like swimming up stream in every way... whether it's religion, or just the whole "disconnection" of this age...it's a uphill battle... and it's one I am willing to take.
I have tasted of true life, and nothing else will satisfy me. Nothing.

"Revolution might sound a little dramatic, but in this world, choosing authenticity and worthiness is an absolute act or resistance.
Choosing to live and love with our whole hearts is an act of defiance.
You're going to confuse, piss of and terrify lots of people - including yourself.
One minute you'll pray that the transformation stops, and the next minute you'll pray that it never ends.
You'll also wonder how you can feel so brave and so afraid at the same time. At least that's how I feel most of the time... brave, afraid, and very, very alive."



Freedom to you today....

<3 Amy


6 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Congrats dear sister! Glad to see you are soaking up the freedom, Amy the free! How awesome! I am so proud of you! YAY. And I am here for you if you ever get the itch to go back on as withdrawals may happen sometime- but you never know- you may be one who never looks back:) YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh oh oh
    love
    love
    love that paragraph..must add it to my last post
    it goes perfectly
    congrates on un-plugging sister
    and thanks for posting about your real feelings about FB...when I hear stories like your it keeps real about not hooking up there myself.
    i know there are those who seem to have no residual side effects, but I know myself, and I know I would.

    Amy you are lovely and I am so glad you choose Freedom, because it is in freedom I found you and all these other lovelies you ahve connected me with...and isn't Widge the BEST????? love her♥

    talk soon
    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully put...bravo brave Amy! I've missed your sweet thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D
    I'm so glad you feel so free! This is wonderful!

    Watching really close, now.... ;-) I'm a little envious. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou chickas! Really doing ok.. I had already taken some time off it, but was planning on coming back....but after my time off, I can't ignore the peace that has set in my heart. It's been awesome! Rain, you are crackin' me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you!!!
    and..............
    Good on me!!!

    I deleted everything off mine this morning. All friends, all pics, it all. So even though I've deactivated it, there is now absolutely nothing to go back to.

    So liberating.

    at the same time it feels like I'm commiting social suicide...yet I KNOW in my heart it's exactly the opposite!

    Incredible how this theme has haunted me all week. First your post, then someone randomly commenting on a post I wrote about my struggle with fb almost 2 years back

    http://widgetlucy.blogspot.com/2009/12/facebook-wants-to-be-my-friend-ignore.html

    And also coming across other posts saying the same things all within this week, so I don't think it's a co incidence :)

    ReplyDelete